Summer Grilling Season is HERE!
We love to cook outdoors, and one of my favorite foods to cook outside is baby back ribs. My husband has been cooking our ribs on the smoker for several years now, and it is by far the best way to cook ribs. They end up still tender, juicy and falling off the bone!
So my husband has a few tips for anyone who wants to cook some amazing baby back ribs!!
First- Do NOT boil your ribs! He likes to say, friends don’t let friends boil ribs :)
Next- Be sure to tear off the membrane that’s on the back of the ribs. This helps them fall of the bone and stay super tender.
Third- Use your favorite seasoning rub on it. We used the McCormick Sweet and Smoky Rub!
Lastly- Put them in the smoker for a couple of hours, or until internal temp reaches 150F. We used a rib rack that helped allow the smoky flavor saturate the ribs!
Our ribs turned out absolutely delicious!
Walmart and the National Pork Board sent me an awesome grilling kit to help us get pumped about their Dibs on My Ribs contest, which YOU can enter until August 12, 2012!!!
Here are the Contest Details
- Entry period: Now until August 12
- Contest entries are being collected at: PorkBeInspired.com/DibsonMyRibs
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the site for consumer voting; the “Consumer’s Choice” recipe will be an automatic finalist into the contest.
- 2 categories: Indoor Preparation and Outdoor Preparation
- 3 finalists will be chosen from each category
- Recipes must include:
- A McCormick spice/seasoning
- A Kraft sauce (if a sauce is used in the recipe)
- 6 finalists (3 using Indoor Preparation and 3 using Outdoor Preparation) will compete in a finale event cook-off on October 12, 2012 at Tyson Foods, Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas
- PRIZES: 1 winner from each category will win “Groceries for a year from Walmart” and a trip for two to Memphis in May, 2013
Our ribs were just for fun… but your ribs can win you Groceries for a year!!! Get your rib recipes together and enter before August 12!!!
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart provided me with compensation for my time and efforts on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.