As you probably know by now, I love when I get the chance to get crafty! I’ve made many things in the past, but one thing I hadn’t made before, is a wreath for my front door. This was my first attempt, and I think it turned out pretty good! I saved lots of money by doing this myself rather than buying one already made. Here’s my DIY step by step instructions. Don’t worry. Even if you’ve never done this before, you’ll be fine. It doesn’t require any special tools!
Here’s what you need.
24″ basic wreath – $4
Various decor. I used Glitter Poinsettias @ $1.97 ea, 2 large picks @1.97 ea, 2 small picks @97¢ ea and a pre-made bow @ $5.97
1. Start by separating the branches.
Continue until the wreath looks full.
2. I wanted to use individual flowers so I cut the flowers apart, leaving about a 6″ stem.
3. I started laying the items on the wreath, trying to decide what looked best.
This is what I finally decided on for a wreath design. Now to attach everything!
4. Place the items on the wreath by wrapping the stems tightly around the wreath. You’ll need to wrap them tight enough so that they don’t move.
5. Fluff the branches around the wraps so that the stems aren’t visible through the pine needles.
6. To make a hanger, take some floral wire and fold in half. I made a loop and wrapped the ends around the wreath to secure the wires.
7. The finished wreath on my front door!
Walmart has several options for decorating your wreath, or any other part of your home, inside and out! They have a huge selection of colors to make just about any theme complete. Here are some of the cute ornaments they have available. You can see the colors that they had at my Walmart.
They also have tons of premade bows for those of you that are bow challenged, like me. I’m sure if I really tried, I could figure out how to make a pretty bow, but buying one for only a few dollars is so worth saving my sanity!
If you have animals that like to climb in the tree, or super curious children that like to touch all the pretty, shiny things on the trees, you might consider checking out Walmart’s large selection of Shatterproof Ornaments! They’ve got tons of colors and great prices! You could decorate in just about any theme with everything they have to choose from!
I really can’t wait to get the rest of my house decorated! Seeing everything in stores is making me excited about shopping for more Christmas decorations this year, and adding to my collection!
How are you decorating this year? Do you decorate with any particular theme? Are you looking for any special decorations this year?
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart provided me with compensation for my time and efforts on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.