This year, I wanted to have some fun with our Easter Eggs. I mean, dyeing them is really fun and all, but you can only do so much with a white crayon and some food coloring. I’ve tried all the gimmicks, like an egg shaker, an egg spinner, egg glitter, and even rubber bands around the eggs before dipping them. They turn out cute, but eventually, they all look the same.
A friend of mine showed me these Hello Kitty eggs, and I knew I had to try to re-create them. I can’t remember where I saw them, but they’ve been on my mind since I did… They are super easy, very inexpensive, and don’t take a whole lot of time! We got all of our supplies at our local Walmart store! Here’s how you can make them too!
What you’ll need:
- Permanent Markers in Black and Yellow
- Ribbons, Flowers, or other little findings
How you make them:
- First of all, Hard Boil your eggs!
- Once the eggs are cooked thoroughly, let them cool.
- Color on the nose by drawing a small oval in the center of the face with the yellow permanent marker.
- Color on the eyes by drawing two small ovals on either side of and just above the nose.
- Color on the whiskers by drawing the small lines on either side of the nose.
- Add Hello Kitty’s “Bow” by dabbing a small amount of glue on the top side approximately where her ear would be.
- Glue on the box, flower, or other little finding!
That is it! We wanted some purple flowers, and couldn’t find any, so we bought White ones and used our purple permanent marker to color them in! You can do all kinds of things for them! These are so simple to make, and they don’t take a lot of time! My girls and I are all pretty much obsessed with Hello Kitty, so when I saw these, I instantly knew that they’d like them, and that I would have fun making them!
Hope you like them! What are your favorite ways to decorate eggs for Easter?