I know, I’ve been making a lot of wreaths lately, but I can’t help it!! They’re so pretty!
I have loved making wreaths for different holidays, and I knew exactly how I wanted my Independence Day wreath to look. The nice thing is that this wreath will work for anytime, not just Independence Day!
It’s very easy to make, and looks awesome on the door.
Here’s what you need:
How you make it:
1. Trim all of the stems from the flowers. I leave about 4″ of wire stem, and bend the stem at the top so the flower is facing forward, not up.
2. I started with the red, tucking the stems through the grapevines, moved on to the blue and then the white.
3. Next I tucked in the accents, and got everything placed where I wanted it.
4. Cut the flag’s dowel down to size so that it stops inside the bottom of the wreath.
5. Secure all pieces to the grapevine wreath with Glue Gun! Make sure you get all of the flower ends, and the base and top of your flag to secure it in place!
6. Add a hanging loop to your wreath. I used jewelry wire because I wanted a less visible, yet very durable option. You can use ribbon if you’d like to have something more visible.
7. Hang the wreath on the door and enjoy!
That’s it! My home is officially ready for the 4th! … and Veteran’s Day… and Memorial Day… It’s probably going to be a very loved, much used fixture on my door now!