It’s time, once again, for football fans everywhere to come together and watch the biggest game of the entire season! Whether your team made it to this game or not, you’ll be watching for the excitement… or the commercials.. or both! Which team are you cheering for???
Here are some great ideas for entertaining your guests.. .even those who aren’t totally into the game!
- If you’re going to have a lot of people over, make sure you have a television wherever they will be! If your living room is too small, and you think people will be spread out throughout the house, see if you can borrow some smaller tv’s if you don’t already have some, and set them up!
- One of the most important things at a successful Football party is the food. You can go as simple or as involved as you want, but whatever you do, make sure you watch the game!!!. We love having finger foods available. This helps keep everyone snacking until the main meal is ready. Typically, my hubby likes to use our smoker, so some sort of meat is usually on the menu here. If you’d like to have less to worry about, you can always order out for pizza or, get something like a Walmart’s 6-foot party sub.
- Have everyone wear their favorite sports jerseys. It doesn’t matter if their team made it to the big game or not, it’s all about team spirit! If they don’t have jerseys, it’s ok! Have them make their own! Grab a couple of plain t-shirts and set up a jersey making center. Have iron-on letters, fabric glitter glue, or fabric markers handy for them to decorate their very own special custom jersey!
- Guess the final score! Have everyone write down their final score predictions! You can also have them set up by quarters, or even halves. Have a special prize ready for whoever guesses the number that is closest to the actual score!
- If the game is an absolute bust, and everyone is bored, grab a football and run outside, or try your hand at a bean bag toss! Have some fun football themed crafts for the kids!
To get ready for our game time party, I knew I could get everything I needed at my local Walmart. Here are a few things that I picked up for snacking while we watched a couple of playoff games! Recipes for the smoked garden salsa and the chili cheese dip will be coming in a separate post soon! Stay tuned!
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart provided me with compensation for my time and efforts on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.