We received a box of the Brio Magnetic Blocks from Kobold Toys to try out, and the girls really liked them. They love to build things up, and of course, knock them down. They were very excited when I brought the box in from the mail and couldn’t wait to try them out.Â
I decided to take some video of them opening the box, and playing with the blocks.. They were just too funny! Before I get to the video, I’ll explain some of the things I liked and thought could be a little different with the blocks.
My likes as a mommy are:
1. The bright colors and large size of the blocks make them fun and easy to play with.
2. The magnets are completely enclosed in the block, so there’s no hazard of them falling out, and being put in their mouth or swallowed.
3. The blocks aren’t heavy, so they’re easy for even the little ones to play with.
4. The magnets help make stacking a little bit easier!
There were a couple of things I would have liked to have seen, but they’re not at all hindering with the playing of the blocks.
1. I wish there was some sort of statement saying that the paint was non toxic, or made from environmentally friendly Â materials. I’m assuming that the paint is safe in case children put the blocks in their mouth, but a statement saying so on the box would help with a mother’s peace of mind.Â
2. The magnets were not that strong, and somewhat difficult to find in the cube blocks. My girls were getting a little frustrated when the cube blocks didn’t stick with the other blocks. They were totally testing out the magnets!
Other than that, the blocks are a great way to build hand eye coordination, especially in the younger age range!
Thanks to Kobold Toys & Parent Reviewers for this great product!!! Â And without further ado, here are my girls checking out the blocks!