Growing up, I used to LOVE the big amusement parks. Back home in CA, I had visited so many of them and had truly become a roller coaster lover. When hubby and I were living in SoCal, we visited Six Flags Magic Mountain at least once a year, and rode all kinds of awesome rides. One of our favorites at the time was Goliath. Now, I’m sure they have some rides that are even crazier than that one… but Goliath was a top thrill ride back then… and it was awesome.
After the girls were a few years old, we figured we’d be able to take them to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, CA. I knew this as Marine World Africa USA when I was growing up… My has it changed! Most of the old parking lot now houses some awesome coasters… Medusa being our new favorite there. We were lucky enough to have my parents go with us to hang out with the girls while hubby and I rode the Medusa coaster. It was awesome. I had missed coasters!
This year, now that we’re living on the East Coast, I’m hoping to get the family out to a new Six Flags theme park… and hopefully, with the help of Walmart, we’ll be able to do that!
If you’ve been thinking about taking a trip to your nearest Six Flags park, the month of June is the perfect time to do it! If you make a purchase at Walmart on Wednesdays or Thursdays in June, you Â can buy a four-pack of tickets to Six Flags Theme Parks for just $99. The price of one adult admission is normally $50, so you’re saving 50% off the price of 4 tickets! In addition to your ticket discount, your pack will also give you the option to enter the park an hour early (Rise & Ride) on any Wednesday in June (Good for up to 4 people).
Some additional information about the ticket promotion and other associated discounts are as follows:
How the customer will get the ticket discount
- Consumers will make a purchase at Walmart in June on Wednesdays or Thursdays to get the discount code on their receipt
- Consumers enter the code found on their Walmart receipt and register to receive an email with the Walmart offer.
- In the Walmart offer email there will be simple instructions to purchase the 4 tickets for $99 package, as well as the printable Rise & Ride admission invitation and discount coupon voucher.
Rise & Ride
- Consumers have an option to attend any of the Rise & Ride dates (All Wednesdays in June starting June 9th). Â This also means that any consumer who purchases the tickets on June 30th & July 1st will miss out on Rise & Ride. Â Consumers will have the opportunity to attend one of the 4 events, by selecting which date works best for them (June 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th).
- They will need to present the printed out invitation at the turnstiles along with their tickets to enter the park one hour early. Â One invitation is good for up to four people to enter early (they must all enter together).
- Only Walmart customers who have this $99 package will be able to enter the park for Rise & Ride events. Â They will have the park all to themselves! Â Park opens 1 hour early for Walmart ticket package holders, with select rides available for guests to enjoy.
Additional discounts with Walmart deal
- The coupon sheet offers various discounts on food, games and apparel (savings include $10 off Family Deal, $1 off games, Buy One Get One Go Karts or Sky Coaster, $5 off Hat and T-Shirt, and more)
- The printable invitation to the Rise & Ride events will include a voucher at the bottom with instructions for guests. Â Simply bring the voucher and ticket package receipt to Guest Relations upon park entry and receive your in-park savings coupon sheet to enjoy.
More information can also be found on the Six Flags website.
It sounds like an excellent deal! I wish there was a Six Flags theme park closer to me so I could take advantage of this program more than just once! My goal is to turn my girls into Roller Coaster fans too! Ah, maybe someday! :)
** I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with a 4 pack of Six Flags tickets in exchange for this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. All opinions expressed are my own.