It’s almost time to celebrate Independence Day! Every year, we typically get a picnic together and head out to the Marine Corps Base for their 4th of July Festival and Fireworks Show! No picnic is complete without a yummy dessert, and since it IS the 4th of July, I figured I’d get festive with it!
I know there are the very popular cupcakes, and even a cake that’s decorated like a flag, but cupcakes are a little difficult to transport, especially with pretty decorations on top, and cakes require extra plates, and something to cut and serve it with. I wanted something yummy, something stackable, something that travels easily… and is easy to serve as well… I thought, some Mini Fruit Pizzas were perfect, and of course, we went with Red, White & Blue to fit the occasion. I was able to get all of my ingredients at my local Walmart store!
Check out the quick How-To Video below to see how easy these are made…
Don’t want to watch the video, scroll down for the written version!
Red, White & Blue Mini Fruit Pizzas
What you need:
- 1 pack Shortbread Cookies
- 8oz Light Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 oz Light Whipped Topping
- 1tsp Vanilla
How you make it:
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, whipped topping and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread the mixture on to the shortbread cookies.
- Slice the Strawberries, and place two slices on top of the mixture.
- Place desired amount of Blueberries on top of mixture.
- If you will be traveling with them, freeze for 1 hour prior to serving. Otherwise, serve immediately and enjoy!
These are super easy to make and come together quite quickly, which makes them perfect for potlucks. You may freeze them to keep them better if you have to take them from your home to your party destination!
What is your go to recipe for celebrations like the 4th of July?