When I hear “Walkman” I think cassette tapes, and CD’s. I actually giggle. I haven’t owned a “Walkman” in YEARS! So when Walmart asked me if I wanted to review the new Sony W Series Walkman, I was actually excited! I used to use my iPhone as my MP3 player for music on the go, but I have my Samsung Galaxy S3, and finding an arm band that would work has been difficult. I hate the feeling of something heavy on my arm anyway, so I was actually excited to see how this new, totally wireless, Sony W-Series Walkman would work! I was not disappointed!
The W-Series Walkman is one piece and cordless. This top rated MP3 player stays out of your way whether you’re at the gym or walking around. It’s water resistant to keep the sweat out, and it has a 3-minute quick charge and 2 GB for your tunes. It comes with multiple sized ear pieces, so you can find the one that fits you the best.
So, reading the product description while I was waiting for my W-Series Walkman to arrive, I was a little disheartened. All it says is that it’s compatible with Windows. It claims that even dual boot computers (like my Mac) won’t be guaranteed to work. Well, I don’t have a single PC in my house. Everything we have is Mac or Linux, so I was getting pretty sad. When it arrived, I was determined to make it work on my laptop… and I did.
So the Sony W-Series Walkman comes with software preinstalled that you just need to connect to your PC and install to your PC. I can’t do that with my Mac, BUT, the software isn’t necessary to add music to the Walkman. I can add music to my Walkman by dragging and dropping my MP3s in Finder. It works just fine this way, and I was very excited to get to work testing it out! So far, it’s been awesome. I’ve used it around the house to keep me motivated while cleaning up the house. I’ve even used it while out at the gym on the elliptical and the weight machines. I absolutely love that it’s completely wireless! I don’t get caught up on handles or anything while I’m at the gym, and it stays one pretty well while I’m jogging on the treadmill! The sound quality is pretty good too! So now, I’m looking for some excellent workout tunes to add to it! What are some of your favorite songs to work out to?
The Sony W-Series Walkman is available in-store and online for $69.99.
W-Series Walkman features:
• One-piece wearable music player for wire-free workouts
• Water-resistant3 design holds up during intense workouts
• Drag & drop from iTunes® (PC) or Windows® Media Player
• Compact design with 2 GB internal memory2
• 3-min quick charge = up to 60-min of battery life1
• Easy navigation of songs & folders
• Enjoy playlist compatibility (PC) and shuffle mode
• Crystal clear sound and deep bass
• ZAPPIN™ search plays about 4 or 15-second music clips
• USB cable, holder and S/M/L ear-buds included
1. Actual battery life may vary based on product settings, usage patterns and environmental conditions. Battery capacity
decreases over time and use.
2. 1 GB equals 1 billion bytes, a portion of which is used
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart provided me with compensation for my time and efforts on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.